Calligraphy 101Saturday, February 21, 2015
If anyone of you is even following me on Instagram, you might be a little bit tired of me posting my amateur calligraphy attempts. I'm so sorry for that, and I also apologize for crossing over and even posting it here.
It's been a week since I bought a set of nibs and a bottle of ink and I have been self-teaching myself with the help of Youtube, of course. I think I might be getting the hang of it. I was very frustrated the first couple of days but here's what I've made so far,
Please keep in mind that I am still learning and not a pro at this. This is like page 11 of my graphing pad, the other pages are not post-worthy, I'm afraid.
Here's what I've learned so far:
- Practice really does make perfect
- If you really want to produce something beautiful, you have to work hard for it (proof is my first 10 pages)
- Start with the basics, start learning each alphabet first before you go into phrases
- Choose one type of font first and move on to the next afterwards
- Invest in good ink and paper (I'm afraid I'm still on the search of a good paper. The ink just keeps blotting out of my letters)